Design, development & implementation of interactive innovative software for secure digital registration of users in services
Development of artificial intelligence methods for better, automatic and safer identification of the user for the purpose of his certification
Development of information retrieval methods from a specific field of application & highlighting of trends and topics of intense interest
Evaluation and demonstration of the good operation of the proposed system
Final product configuration, development & commercialization of innovative services
The E-Identity investment project will introduce the following points of technological innovation in order to achieve the goals of the project:
- Research and development of automated methods for secure digital user registration to services through multi-level authentication without physical presence or video call using deep learning methods.
- Indicator 1a: Development of software to automatically extract biometric features (face, fingerprint) from a camera
- Indicator 1b: Development of software for visual recognition of passport/ID information via smart device camera
- Indicator 1c: Development of software to compare biometric information between ID/passport and smart device camera read
- Research and development of methods to control the user’s vitality in the camera.
- Indicator 2a: Development of software to confirm the vitality of the user
- Indicator 2b: Development of machine learning methods to detect fake material from the camera
- Development of a secure method of exchanging information remotely with protection of personal data.
- Indicator 3a: Develop methods of encrypting data before sending it
- Indicator 3b: Develop software to use secure communication channels between the user’s device and the service
- Indicator 3c: Developing methods of concealing personal information using pseudonyms or anonymization
Project's Expected Results
The expected outputs of E-Identity include the overall Remote Digital User Enrollment platform, including end-user interfaces, as well as individual project sub-modules that have the potential to be leveraged outside of the overall project platform.
These include the multi-modal biometric human identification module based on face and fingerprint, as well as the vitality detection module, which is responsible for confirming that the data to be verified comes from a real user and not stored/stolen data.
E-Identity is co-financed by the European Union and by the operational program “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation”, under the call RESEARCH-CREATE-INNOVATE.